Existing Member?

Charissa' s Travel Journal

Day 3 - The Hens

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 17 April 2012 | Views [248]

This morning we had to wake up super early for round 2 of Kylie's Hens. I struggled a little to get out of bed and get going. It feels as though we haven't had a lot of time to relax yet and we've been up early most mornings. I slipped, slopped, slapped before heading off and went through the usual drama of feeling my sunscreen melt off almost immediately upon walking outdoors. I frequently feel like a melting michellin man here! We met the others at the Manatai and prepared for our journey out to Phi Phi and beyond. I downed a sea sickness tablet and went through the trauma of watching Aiden run through the lobby in nothing but a fluro green mankini (Borat eat your heart out)! Onto the speed boat we jumped and we were off! A fun day of island hopping, snorkelling, swimming and eating. The sun was mighty hot so it was nice to get some relief at each of our swimming stops. We hit up Phi Phi, Maya Bay, Monkey Beach and a couple of fun beach club islands that i've never been before. The monkeys were super cheeky and chasing people for their drinks. I also accidentally got a rather comical photo of some monkeys in a compromising position - a talking point when I get home I'm sure! A quick shower on our return to Phuket before we headed out for dinner and drinks on the beach. CATCH beach club was pretty awesome and I had a mean strawberry daquari. We even had some mood lighting at dinner when all power went out and the staff cooked our dinner by candle light. Kristy and I left the party early while the others went on to the ping pong show! We convieniantly had to pack for our early boat to Koh Yao Noi!

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.