Existing Member?

Travelin Tales a journey of rocks, dust and probably lots of animal poo..........

Stop! I just dance the way I feel.. Stop breathing.. Imagine none of this is real......

PERU | Friday, 23 March 2012 | Views [952]

So, it's been a while.... Must of been up to somethin.... Oh yeah.... Lima. Lima. Lima. Kinda like groundhog day... But... Kinda not. 

So - we made the 12 hour bus journey, and wot a joy, on a semi cama bus.... Deluxe.. Or.. It woulda been just slightly better but for the 3 large sleep apnia affected males we were surrounded by... Hmmm 

Scenery was to die for though... And yeah, the Andes, there were a couple of hair raising moments on the top deck of the bus that I won't Eva forget! But we got there!

Now, Lima. It's had some bad reviews, but other than our interaction with the transport, I have to say, I do think the bad wraps were uncalled for! The pople are just so welcoming for such a large city, and very very patient with two now Spanish tourists! 

We spent the first arvo, getting our bearings and taking in the whole cosmopolitan feel to it after time in the jungle. Hit the markets and did some shopping... Ok, beer o'clock...

Next day we hit the Huaca Pucllana Ruins in central Lima. WOW. Smack bang in the middle of town, is the pyramid like ruins, with their amazing earthquake proof structure, how fabulous that this was known 1500 years ago at least, and maybe even older. I swear Iust of been some type if archeologist in a previous life as I am continually blown away by this stuff, I just feel like its nectar! The energy from this dry and harsh landscape was amazingly strong, I was on quite a high leaving this place, and just thinking about it makes me tingle.

The markets were opposite, so me Chis got dragged through them as well.... His buzz was not so high after that.....the next

the next day saw more morning exploring before we headed back to the bus terminal for our deluxe bus ride to the Chilean border....

But hang on! Wots this?! Wot do you mean no buses are running South? Qe? No comprende? We were sure at first, but all we knew was that our bus 'de Cruz' weren't cruzin nowhere! So back in a cab, find a hotel.... Ok Mr cab man, well go to the hotel you suggesuggest.... Our brains are working OT trying to figure out if we will have enough time to get to Santiago with this delay...

5 floors up you say? Cool... No lifts? Cool... I'm strong... But I've been shopping at the markets... My bags are getting heavy... Meanwhile, Chis's backpack is still like 13kgs, I don't think he's bought anything he hasn't eaten...

Cool, I'm at the door to our room, half a lung collapsed and panting,yea, I said panting!open up..... Huh? aircon not? It's 32 outside! Doooont!!!!!!!! C'mon! I got sweat in placesi didn't know I had sweat glands! Too over it to argue, I enter, collapse on the bed and wait for the heat to kick me into nap mode. It's ok Miss Mone, you'll get the bus tomorrow..... 

So nap done, let's head to Parque de la Reserve to see the laser fountain show! Sound weird? Well it was friggen amazing!!!! Wasn't sure what to expect, but is was god damn brilliant! Who'd of thought in Peru! Night done, onto tomorrow...

Take #2 - spent the morning rearranging luggage and just general upkeeping, and then headed for the bus terminal... Woo hoo!

Huh? No comprende?! No buses AGAIN? Um why? Apparently some protesters are being a pain and blocking roads.... Hmm this is the second time protesters have delayed transport for us.... Hmmmm

Ok, so back to the drawing board... This is putting a serious chip in our time to get to Santiago..... Time to look at flights! Yeah, they not cheap... Ta for that... Oh well... Booked. Wait till 10pm and off to airport....

Take #3 huh? What do u mean we aren't confirmed?! What dies that mean? Qe? We're not on this flight? Qe? Hmmmmm Internet Cafe?!

And then, this 'helpful' man, assists and tells us he can get flights as we can't seem to book one.... But we have to go with him.... Hmmmm... Took a leap of faith and went! Yep....

Dont say it Mum!

Anyway, a weird taxi ride later we are actually sitting in a Travel Agency booking flights! Woo hoo! And another night in a different yet equally weird hotel with no aircon 3 flights up (no lift)and we have tickets! 

Take #4 - and yeah, early start to the day, and a walk downtown in dodgy volley sees is have breaky at KFC, suuuuch tourists, but bellies full. Yay, on return to dodgy hotel our friendly 'helper' is here to get us to confirm online... Qe? Really, except we can't for some reason, ok, so my sense of comfort is leaving again... Let's gets to the airport... I want boarding passes in my hand! 

DONE! We have them! We are getting to Chile! And as I write this, I'm sitting in the very picturest town of Valparaiso... Just North of Santiago.... Such relief! Lovin life! Spent a glorious day walking around town, travellin the funiculars and breathing in Chile! Peru, you were glorious, but you held on too tight! Chile you look fabbo! Can't wait to see more!

Over & out amigos!

S

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.