Existing Member?

Travelin Tales a journey of rocks, dust and probably lots of animal poo..........

Let's try and continue walking....

PERU | Thursday, 8 March 2012 | Views [366]

Ok, so slightly tired and just a niggle of soreness, we are awoken by our lovely porter with cocoa tea and wen water to wash with.... Lovely..... But hang on, whats that weird feling in my throut? And have I got a runny nose?!?Far out!! Cheers.... There been light showers overnight, so the air is crisp and the ground is damp. Day 2 walking is someting I have NOT been looking forward to. Yesterday we trekked to 3000mtrs, Today we are trekking up to and ova 4200mtrs.... Yep. So we start out, today is pretty much ALL uphill. And thats when it gets ya.... ALL.... I think I started today already phsychd out. Then it started to rain. Not just a little bit, alot, so time for the heavy poncho, not the light weight one..... Ok, so now walking with limited visibility, in a sauna, uphill, at the back of the pack, on slippery ground, with acold, and yeah, shoes and socks are getting wet. I get to the first meeting point, yep, last in, no time for rest, continue on... I get to the second meeting point, yep, last in, no time for rest. Damn it!!! Mind you, the group as a whole are trekking well ahead of normal schedule, but we have a tri-athlete and some pretty competitive Kiwis in the group. I tell them to all head for camp and I'll see the there! As I start to climb to 4200mtrs hail hits, yep hail. I can hardly breath, have no view, other than the Multi-colored rainbow of ponchos ahead if me! Welcome to Inca trail! I hit the top and Martine has waited for me, I feel so blessed, and suprisingly the rest of the group is a mere 10 minutes ahead!! I AM NOT A FAILURE!!!!!!!! Woo hoo! but My nose is runny and I'm damn hungry.......  

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.