Existing Member?

Travelin Tales a journey of rocks, dust and probably lots of animal poo..........

Let's walk....

PERU | Thursday, 8 March 2012 | Views [361]

So! Off to meet our group we were trekking with, a small group, just seven of us, 5 Aussies - 2 Kiwis, make for easy chatting.  Everyone seems nice, and really quite happy to be part of something this exciting! Our guide is lovely, Martine, has been doing this for 10 Years and this I his first day back after a big holiday, this may not bode well.....

So, early morning start sees us all meet bleary eyed at breakfast and get on a mini bus for three hours to get to the start of the Inca Trail. Everyone's excited, elated and no one is showing signs of nerves.... Inside, I'm packing it. We have the obligatory group shots, starting shots taken etc and head over the bridge..... Instantly, I'm like, this hill is killing me, and I think I've walked for twenty minutes!!!!! Yep, I'm nervous..... Gurgle gurgle gurgle.... Finally get to where we are lunching, the porters have set up a tent, I barely sit down and think, hmmm I need to be somewhere else, like a small room.... Right, its at this point out that 500 trekkers a day walk this trail, and thete are no cleaners..... Delightful, sort that  - take a gastro-stop, and hope to god thats the end of it!  Luckily, it seems to be, we walk until about 3:30pm and then called it a day. Our porters had set up camp and were busy in the kitchen cooking are arvo tea (yes cooking), yay, time for a quick nap. Zzzzzzzzz  Camped at 3000 mtrs.

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.