Existing Member?

Travelin Tales a journey of rocks, dust and probably lots of animal poo..........

Tiwanaku.... Your NOT at 4100mtrs Are you?!

BOLIVIA | Thursday, 1 March 2012 | Views [417]

So, yeah Tiwananku...... You amazing feat! At 4100 mtrs, I feel that foggyness returning.... Especially as I'm on a bus with 12 other tourists  no English speakers of course), which actually turned out to be the BEST Spanish lesson yet! They laughed alot at me, my accent is weird apparently, which I was slightly crestfallen about, Nerea! I tested this with you! You said it was ok?!

Anyway, the amazing Pyramid at Tiwanaku is just that! Pre-Inca time and all, quite a spiritual place, yeah I got that buzz (or was that the cocoa tea again?!) it really is spectacular, it's just astounding that in this day and age, we still know very very little about the people that lived here and their customs. If I had more time here, I'd definately get of the tourist track and go look as some other ruins that are close too. There's a tribe in the hills that are descendants from the Tiwanaku area, they don't speak Spanish at all, so missed the influence of the invasion etc, and still live like they lived 500 years ago. THEY wouldn't pick on my accent!!! Ok, well I'm obviously back down at 3600mtrs, might hit another tea, and head out to the witches market!

Peru tomorrow peeps, a 10 hour bus ride, and yeah, we booked the luxury seats!!!! Fabbo!

Buenos Noches!

 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.