Existing Member?

Travelin Tales a journey of rocks, dust and probably lots of animal poo..........

La lovely La Paz!

BOLIVIA | Thursday, 1 March 2012 | Views [460]

Hola! Just a quick post script to last story, got to Asunscion airport, no probs, walking into the departure lounge.... And whats that I hear?! A little bit of harp playing Bolivian style?! Cool! And even better, what are they playing K Young???????! A little shout out to you, Minnie and Neitzy, with Quando  Quando Quando Quaaandoooooo! Thanks Englebert Humperdinck! Brought a tear to my eyes girls! Anyway......

 

 Soooo after a day and a bit of getting used to 3600 above sea level, I'm feeling like myself again. Strange, I've been at altitude before, but never copped the dizziness and confusion.... Or maybe I'm just always like that and hadn't noticed???!!!! Currently sitting at a window eating breakfast on the 7th floor of my hotel.  

Man, La Paz is stunning.  Surrounded by mountains, I'm sitting in this wonderful valley, looking at the cloud covering all the houses on the hills. Below me is the starting if of the morning markets and the wonderful Bolivian woman in their full traditional clothing, with babes on their backs on this 7 degree morning.

I don't feel cold though, maybe it's the excitement, off to Tiwamaku today, some pre-inca ruins, can't wait! Well on that note, will finish my cocoa tea, and head downstairs for the bus!

Buenus Dias!

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.