Existing Member?

On the Road "The purpose of life lies at the intersection of the heart's deepest desires, the mind's keenest talents, and the world's greatest needs."

Home

CANADA | Monday, 29 June 2009 | Views [696] | Comments [1]

Home. It's quite a meaningful concept, isn't it?  It could be where a young mother brings her newborn, swathed in all the tenderness of the world. It could be where a teacher tells a terrified student to bring his report card. It could be the one thing that soldiers in Afghanistan cling to to get through their days. Whatever it is, there are some powerful feelings associated with it.

As for myself, I came home to Sarnia on Saturday evening after spending an incredible year in Central Asia and the Middle East. Yes, my mother cried (a lot) and barely left my side that night at my cousin's beautiful wedding. I spent the whole afternoon yesterday with my beloved grandpa and then did the obligatory bike ride to the Bluewater bridge for fries and ice cream. As much as the thought of spending two months in Sarnia & Area would normally have sent shivers down my spine, I came to terms with it a while ago and now see it as a welcome opportunity to spend some quality time with family and friends.

After all, you have to leave home to come home.


PS. I know I've been AWOL from this site for the past month and I entirely blame my friend Heather for meeting me in Jordan and my father for meeting me in Egypt and for both of them being too good of company to want to spend hours in painfully slow internet cafes  :)  Rest assured, I will be fully updating pics and stories soon...

Comments

1

Welcome home, Holly! Can't wait for pics and stories.

Come visit me in Kingston sometime. :)

  Jeff Jun 30, 2009 1:11 AM

About shrummer16


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.