Existing Member?

On the Road "The purpose of life lies at the intersection of the heart's deepest desires, the mind's keenest talents, and the world's greatest needs."

On the road, for real

UZBEKISTAN | Sunday, 22 March 2009 | Views [465]

I finished my internship with the Aga Khan Foundation at the end of February and spent the next couple of weeks begrudgingly sorting out some messy visas. I left Tajikistan on March 16th, walked across the border to Uzbekistan, and, despite the large pack now semi-grafted to my back, felt as if a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I was finally on the road...

For those who don't know, I'm backpacking overland from Dushanbe to Cairo and returning to Canada at the end of June. It will be one week short of a year away from home by then and I will surely be in need of a big bowl of fresh Ontario strawberries, a sloppy kiss from my beloved dog (though technically not mine anymore...), and a long visit with my parents. Oh, and probably a hot shower.

I'll be updating this site from internet cafes and friends of friends' homes along the way, though I’ll be writing about each country from the subsequent one due to potential issues with blogging censorship. In the meantime, Navruz Mubarak and keep well, wherever you are!

About shrummer16


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Uzbekistan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.