Existing Member?

On the Road "The purpose of life lies at the intersection of the heart's deepest desires, the mind's keenest talents, and the world's greatest needs."

Northern California (May-June '07)

USA | Tuesday, 22 April 2008 | Views [719]

This is a severely retroactive posting, but is mostly to flag the photo galleries from Hoopa & San Francisco. Unfortunately, my camera died a week-ish into the trip, so I don't have as many shots as I would've liked.

I spent about a month in northern California on the Hoopa Valley Indian Reservation (and a few book-end days in San Francisco). I was volunteering with the Tribal Wildlife Dept, chasing spotted owls and Pacific fishers and looking into bears' mouths, while in constant awe of the beautiful Trinity River and surrounding mountains. I was also doing some independent research on the side about natural resource management in indigenous communities - simultaneously refining and expanding my interests. It was an incredible experience and I am forever grateful to my friends there for their hospitality and open arms and willingness to teach a naive Canadian city-dweller.

 

About shrummer16


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.