Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

Safari day 4 Tarangire

TANZANIA | Monday, 26 November 2007 | Views [569]

day 4
Left Sopa Lodge after breakfast and a gorgeous morning overlooking the crater!!  Today we head out of Ngorogoro National Park and on to Tarangire National Park.  The ride back tracks a bit so I am able to catch a brief nap.  We stop for our box lunch and hang out in a thatched roof hut with a Maasai woman and baby weaving a basket.

We arrive at the lodge around 2pm, Tarangire Lodge is  another gorgeous place!!!  There is a pool and a huge hut open air which looks out over Tarangire National Park from high up on a cliff.  We walk to our keyless room..a tent..overlooking the valley below and the Taragire river.  Immediately we see baboons,giraffe and gazelle on the floor below.  The tent has a deck out front and electricity with a full working bathroom.  Today is quite muggy or mudgy as it would be in swahili.  We head up to the big hut for our afternoon drink and to hang on the big comfy couches.  We sit and immediately see a family of elephants below. There are 8 all together,3 babies, 2 quite small and one tiny one and the rest adults, we were able to watch them move about as we sat and drank our refreshing drinks.

A storm blew up and it rained hard for about 10 minutes all in all I think our afternoon drive was delayed by a half hour.  The drive was old hat by now...did see an eland and a waterbuck which were new and also some hydrox and mini mongoose and big mongoose as well as some new birds.  Met up with and old elephanat about 45 years old,lifespan 60, we could get very close and just hang and watch him.

Tonight the sunset was incredible, the storm was in the distance and the clouds and colors of the sun were undescriable.  The stars tonight are unreal...different stars than we see in our sky,so interesting to look at, I would love to lay out and look, however that is not an option, to much wildlife close by,we are escorted by security after dark at this lodge too.  We may not have any food in our tents and can not be outside at all afetr the lights go out at 11pm.  Marcia has stayed here before and says she could hear lions at night!!!  saw a poisonous millipede at dinner crawling around, and were warned about the black mambo on the way back to our tent..yikes!!!

Great day.only wish I could see the stars!!!!!!!!

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Tanzania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.