Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

Interlaken, Switzerland

SWITZERLAND | Friday, 9 November 2007 | Views [475]

Interlaken
Well I think I have decided I want to live in Spiez, Switzerland.  It is a terrible day today and it is still outrageously beautiful! It sits on Lake Brienz with gorgeous blue waters and mountains sloping down to the lake filled with houses..or I guess it would be chalets!.  Along the train route right next to the lake are beautiful homes with sheep and cows eating in their yards, all just a matter of feet from the lake.At one end of the lake as I look back are high snowcapped mountain peaks and they are probably at the other end and surrounding however with the low clouds today I am unsure...it must be stunning in clear weather!

Interlaken is a cute little town at the middle of Lakes Brienz and Lake Thun on a small stretch of land in between.  It is also the jumping point for all the mountain trains, trams,cog railways, and cable cars.  If it had been nicer I had planned on heading up to Gimmelwald, Murren and Schilthorn for a gorgeous panoramic view, but the weather today did not cooperate.  Right now I am on the scenic Goldenpass train between Interlaken Ost and Luzern, however I am able to see little...bummer...will definately head back here as it is breathtakingly beautiful.

So I went to the Coop and bought some sheep mile cheese, a mini baguette,some swiss chocolate, and a regional red wine (1/2 bottle for 90 cents!!!!) I was unaware there were so many vineyards in the valleys over here, lining the hillsides in terraces. Back to the food, had myself a nice little picnic on the train and then a snooze.

Arrived in Luzern to a clear night and a bustling town. Found a city guide and picked the cheapest hotel I could find, broke out the map and started walking.  Pretty city built around the lake, all lit up , walked down the cobble stone streets of the pedestrian portion where all the nice shopping is...have to say it is killing me not shopping...and I have been doing EXTREMELY well, I am quite proud...as some of you know I have a small shopping addiction, however I am replacing it with my travel addiction and eating!  Anyway...finally found the place

Hotel Linte...would recommend it if you don't mind stairs, no shower, no toilet in the room and a busy square and restaurant below...that being said I am thrilled with it.  It was just 54 sf or 34 euro and it is super clean, modern and cute, and exactly what I needed..and in the center of everything for tomorrow and a short walk to the train when I need to head back.

Had trouble finding out where to attain the room...Ristorante Valentino, a extremely popular restaurant in the same building is also the front desk,so in I shlep through the jam packed rest to find the guy to give me the room, food looked fabulous and must have been due to the crowd taking up every table in 2 floors! One drawback...4 flights of stairs with my gargantuan bag!!! I guess I need to work off these meals!...and passed up the yummy smell of the restaurant and headed to my room where I spent some time hanging out..literally the window onto the square below..there is a cute little window seat and it made a fun time cooling off after my hike.

so good night ..I would write it in German however spelling german words is a bit intimidating to me...danke

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Switzerland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.