Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

Chamonix, France

FRANCE | Thursday, 8 November 2007 | Views [428] | Comments [1]

Wow! well I am feeling more like home now...mountains and forests and snow peaked mountains. But......the train and the highways here go in some CRAZY places!!!At the moment I am perched high on the side of the mountain looking so far down below and seeing cars that it is making me queesy.not quite to Chamonix yet can't wait to see where we are going now!

It is freezing here!!!! was under 30 f this am and suppose to snow tomorrow..brrrrr,quite a change from the warm sunny cote d'azur!!!


I am at La Tavezne de Chamouny in Chamonix France and the town is in their off season before the winter and everything is closed I walked the whole town to find a place to stay and couldn't really argue with the price as all the others were closed, lucky I got a room. It is lovely of course and I have been cruising the town and it is pretty vacant, the stores are some open, lots of closed restaurants and all the hotels are closed...the only people who seem to be in town are young hot men!!!?? tons of them walking the streets...
La Tavezne was empty except one table, I was trying to find a place where it looked like the locals went but was not really successful. I have been chatting with the manager who is in love with America and wanted to come and open a restaurant, he knows of Aspen, I tried to steer him to Evergreen!He is going to serve Le pela...this yummy dish I ate, which is smoked ham or procuitto and potatoes and mild cheese, yah I told him I would eat it every night!!
He speaks English very well and is very fun.

Wow, the people next to me just ordered fondue I think?! thry brought out this contraption with like a heat lamp and then this huge!!!! hunk of cheese and stuck it on this rack
under the lamp...and I will let ya know what happens here. I am having the nougat glace and raspberry sauce again, I saw it on the menu and could not resist.
Ok it is starting to smell like feet!!! that cheese must be melting...sick!!!

I have to go back to the room and figure out a plan for tomorrow, want to hop the train and head into the Alps and see as much as possible on my way back to Amsterdam, wondering where I can get to by heading up?? we will see. I am gonna need to leave that smell is killing my dessert. Think I need to head to McDonalds for free wifi, the hotel has internet in the business office for 5 euros for 5 minutes, no way!!

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Hi Becky, Have been reading your adventures since your mom sent me the link. It sounds awesome and so fun seen through your eyes some of the places I have been. Enjoy your time--I enjoyed seeing you here and will see you when you return.

Be careful, Gay

  Gay Feeley Nov 11, 2007 5:44 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.