Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

Luzern, Switzerland

SWITZERLAND | Friday, 9 November 2007 | Views [533]

Got up early today and headed out to explore Luzern/lucerne depending on the language..
It is freezing and gray and foggy, so again I am unable to see any of the beautiful mountains I know surround me.  The market is going on this morning all along the lake, like a farmer's market but so much more!!! I bought a large bucket of raspberries for breakfast,there were flowers,fresh baked breads,nuts, every meat imaginable,fish, truffles,wines..etc...so fun to see all the locals down buying produce,cheese,meats,breads...

The town is lovely and would have been so much nicer had the weather been nicer and the surrounding mountains were visible.

On the train now,left Lucerne and heading to Basel where I will switch to another train and head to Koln, Germany,then on to Amsterdam.  We just passed the Calida factory, the swiss underwear...fabulous...it is in Sursee, big yellow buildings with pictues of women in undies...

I got a big cush 6 seater for my 7 hour trip, now if I can figure out how to use the tmobile wifi and figure out if I am in the righrt car of the train to go on to amsterdam,as the train splits in Koln....they are making announcements but only in German, and I can make out like 1 word per announcement....

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Switzerland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.