Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

Avignon

FRANCE | Monday, 5 November 2007 | Views [342]

Back in Avignon to see the city...Did the foot tour and walked for 4 hours, had no idea where I was alot of the time, guess I wouldn't know if I was in a seedy part of town or not so didn't really care.

The main square de L'horonge leads out to palace de Pape a huge palace overlooking the Rhone.  The Pope was in France for 100 years, and then when he went back to Rome there were 2 popes for a while as France wanted to keep theirs. Lovely park high above the Rhone with panoramic views far and wide, I will come back and add more detail but am quite rushed and trying to catch up at the moment.

Slept in a little hotel, Hotel du Parc, my room overlooked the park...It was cute and very plain, the toilet was down the hall, this was my 1st , no tv,no phone,no internet and a shower that Bill could not even get into! I could barely turnaround and hit my elbows to wash my hair! But it had a nice bed.  The spiral staircase to the second floor was not much fun, I have bruises all over my thigh!!!

Les Halles a beautiful little square in the center of the ville had this so cool wall, of course my camera battery was dead and spares were in the room..The whole side of this building was a design of moss and green plants, it is hard to describe, but sooooo cool, different shades of green in cool patterns up the whole side of a building facing this hip little square, I tried to go back but couldn't find it the next am and had to catch my train...

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.