Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

L'Escaladou

FRANCE | Monday, 5 November 2007 | Views [464]

Leaving Arles this morning but need to write about my dinner at L'Escaladou last night! Started with Lauzade Cotes de Provence local wine 1/2 bottle, so cute you can buy half bottles!

1st course was Le gratin de moules aux epinards

which was this souffle of mussels, cheese and spinach, so good that could have been my whole meal!

2nd course La cote d'agneau grillee aux herbes de provence

which was Lamb grilled with herbs de provence..and fresh herbs..I always use herbs de provence at home but not the same of course! The side dish was another provence specialty of Ratatouille, a bunch of veggies in a tomato like base soooooooooooo good!

It's no fun not putting the french accents on the words, I'm sure somehow it's possible but I am technically challenged, having a hard enough time with no spellcheck on this journal!

AND for dessert Nougat glace sur con coulis de framboise

an amazing homemade nougat ice cream with a fresh puree coulis of raspberry...I don't want to go crazy here but...OH MY GOD! this was fabulous! I don't really like icecream but this thing was like crack! considering another night in Arles so I can go back...also want more sheep's cheese from my fromagier!!

really now, gotta pack, going back to Avignon for a half day to see the city since I didn't really see anything last time through except a Brasserie and O'neill's Pub!!!

Tags: Food & eating

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.