Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

Cote D'Azur

FRANCE | Tuesday, 6 November 2007 | Views [324]

Thought I would spend the am in Marseilles, did not expect such a huge city, very industrial, large port, and not so intriguing-so I hopped back on the train

The trip along the coast was beautiful, there were vineyards on either side as far as the eye could see, stretchin out to meet the mountains/hills that were at the coastline. The colors were like maple leaves fall back east-the colors changed with type of vine planted, there were bright reds,ambers,oranges,yellows and greens, forming blocks of colors.  I noticed one marked with Syrah.

Cannes was beautiful, all beach, and actually saw people swimming and several sun bathers!  I saw a whale off the coast of Cannes just before we turned the corner into town.  A cruise ship was just pulling back out to sea.  It was quite quiet and lovely to just stroll around.

Antibes, just a few minutes down the coast was smaller and still perched right on the sea.  I don't really have words, I just enjoyed the sun and the sea and the peace of it all.

Nice is a bit more hectic! Busy larger city with so much going on! Dropped my bags at Hotel Riviera recommended by Hotel Madrid which was where I would have stayed but it was full.  Riviera was ok,old and warn but ok for the night, not a bargin mind you.

Set out for my afternoon stroll down Joan Medicin Ave to Promenade des Anglais and the beach.  Walked by the famous Hotel Negresco and the Musee Massena.  Decided to stop at Queenies on the beach for some wine and the sunset.  Had another glass of the local Cote de Rhone wine and watched the sun slowly set over the mediterranean..

As I walked back toward my hotel I could hear in the distance what sounded like swarms of birds...I got closer and the sound was deafening, a park in the center of town and so many birds in the trees it was almost electric, a little frightening...like the birds x 10!!!!

Had dinner at a little cafe, don't remember the name, a girl at the hotel recommended Barracuda, suppose to be very nice, but I was tired and didn't feel like alot of food.  Had delicious French onion soup and a plate of local cheeses,perfect!

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.