Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

Monte Carlo

MONACO | Wednesday, 7 November 2007 | Views [420]

Monaco is amazing! I love it here!!! As you walk out of the train station you are greeted with a long winding path down through walls of gardens as high up as you can see, the city of Monte Carlo at every angle as you look up, and as you look infront of you, all the boats in the marina and the Mediterranean sea.

I hiked up the huge hill to the Palace and saw the changing of the guard.  The castle sits on a huge hill with panoramic views of the city and sea below on all sides.  The streets are full of restaurants, museums, shops,winding all through the palace area.  The Notre Dame Cathedral and the Oceanographique museum, with all things Jacques Cousteau sits oppisite the palace perched out on a ledge overlooking the sea.

I strolled through the Jardins Exotique with plants, trees and flowers from throughout the world as well as sculptures.  There are hidden paths and staircases leading out to perches on the cliffs high above the marinas on either side, so amazing!! I ate my mozzarella and tomato pannini with a friend...a HUGE seagull..see pictures...he scared me , I could not look away for fear he would attack me!

Monte Carlo is so clean and spiffy, the police are in these beautiful uniforms and have the flag on the front of their little motorcades.  The crossing guard is dressed in full Palace uniform, so crisp and clean...The city spreads out and up in all directions, I spent a sun drenched day in awe taking it all in...casinos, palace,museums,princess grace ,did not want to leave

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 

 

Travel Answers about Monaco

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.