Existing Member?

The Biggest Dosser Have a great trip..... bolloxing (wise words of Gerry Keane)

El Bolson & Bariloche

ARGENTINA | Tuesday, 4 March 2008 | Views [421] | Comments [1]

Hi Everyone,

Hope ye are all well & happy!  So, I´m just two weeks into my trip now. I´ve come down the to Lake District of Bariloche and El Bolson.  I spend just 2 days in Bariloche and thought it might be cooler in El Bolson.  It´s not.  It´s almost 30 degrees every day. But it rained the other day and it was just fantastic.  Of course, I was the only one that thought it was great. It cooled things down for a day or two at least. 

El Bolson is just lovely - it a real hippy town and there is just a lovely chilled out and relaxed feel about the place. The hostel where I stayed was just outside of town and near a river, it was really magical!  The guys who run the hostel (more hippies) would cook at night and everyone would sit around chatting about where they had been that day.  You meet people from all walks of life and they´re mostly just the soundest people. 

Bariloche is bigger and has a real tourist feel about the place.  There are lots of Argentines on holidays here too.  Almost every second shop here is either a chocolate shop or a ice cream parlour.  It´s sinful.  I´ve been able to hold back on the chocolate but the ice cream is just to die for. 

I only spend 2 days in Bariloche and 4 here in El Bolson.  So, I´m going back to Bariloche to work off some of this ice cream, try and get out into the National Parks.  I met a lovely girl from Switzerland and we´re going to try and attempt it together. 

I´ll put the pictures up on the next post. 

Be good now,

Lots of Love

Sarah.  

Tags: The Great Outdoors

Comments

1

Hi Sarah

Looks like your having a ball. Great photos. Place looks just amazing.
Take care of your self.

Maureen

  Maureen Mar 13, 2008 3:41 AM

About sarahkeane


Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.