Existing Member?

The Biggest Dosser Have a great trip..... bolloxing (wise words of Gerry Keane)

Calafate & Chalten

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 27 April 2008 | Views [475]

Hi Folks,

I know, I´m a disaster at updating this damn travel log thingy.  While I was on tour, I took so many photos and didn´t have time to download as I went along.  But I´m getting there. 

So, attached are the photos of Los Glaciars National Park.  This park is in Argentina, we arrived here are Torres del Paine.  The southern end of the park is where you find all the glaciers - photos of Perito Moreno Glacier are attached. According to the guide it´s stable at the moment.  Previously, it was one of the only advancing glaciers in the world.  It´s pretty cool. 

The northern end of the park is where you´ll find the Fitz Roy Massif.  The town of Chalten is at the base.  Argentina decided about 20 years ago they should place a town here before Chile did!  It´s very small but it´s perfect.  You´ve just got the bare essentials, dodgy supermarkets, dodgy sandwich shops, fab confectionery shops, nice hostels and one cool micro-brewery.  The park itself is pretty small (incomparision to Torres del Paine) but it´s absolutely magnificent.  Because we were there the last few days of March, it was end of the season and we pretty much had the trails to ourselves.  We spend 2 days hiking here.  I really loved it, a good hike in the morning, and break for lunch, just sitting, eating and taking it all in and a pleasent hike back down.  Just in time for a few well deserved beers. 

Enjoy the photos. 

Sarah. 

http://picasaweb.google.es/sarahmkeane/ElCalafateElChalten?authkey=PKEl20UReaw

About sarahkeane


Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.