Existing Member?

Living Outside the Box What is freedom for if not the chance to define for yourself who you are?

Where to Start?

FRANCE | Saturday, 15 September 2007 | Views [509]

September 13, 2007
 
There but for the grace of God go I.
 
Where to start because there has been many starts to my journey?  Do I start in Al Hada on June 11th when school got out and it was non stopping visiting with friends and families?  Do I start in Jordan/Israel with visiting families, hiking in Petra, watching the sunset in Wadi Rum, the uneasy boarder crossing into Israel, the old city in Jerusalem, exploring Tel Aviv and Old Jaffa?  Do I start in Denver with the wonderful hikes, bike rides, and a backpacking trip in the Snowmass wilderness area?  Do I start in Seattle with claiming cargo, playing tourist in Seattle, Port Townsend, Belgium beer tasting, and taking ferries to get around?  Do I start in New England with realizing not to wear bright pink and a sparkly while shirt to an inner city bus station if I wanted to blend in, taking walks along dirt roads, seeing great views of the Champlain valley, eating lobster rolls along the coast, touring Mystic Seaport, and climbing down into a Nautilus submarine?  Do I start in Washington DC/Baltimore with quick visits with numerous Peace Corps friends, going to the Smithsonian, enjoying the aquarium with my Ethiopian friend, and seeing the sunrise over Chesapeake Bay on my last morning before flying to Paris?
 
Do I start with the all the wonderful visits I had with family and friends?
 
Do I start in Paris with biking and walking as I looked up and down and all around taking in amazing sights?
 
Do I start in Lessay, France with the quiet country side for lovely walks and thought?
 
Do I start the day of my first step on the Camino?
 
I better go for a walk and think about it.

Tags: On the Road

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.