Existing Member?

Living Outside the Box What is freedom for if not the chance to define for yourself who you are?

A Month to GO

USA | Tuesday, 30 November 2010 | Views [298]

November 29th - at long last, the count down has started.  Flights have been purchased, guest houses booked, the Vietnam visa safe and sound in the passport - visa? passport?  In panic I checked the visa pages to see how many were left.  One page, not good.  Now I need to request more visa pages.  Why didn't I check this in August or September or October when I had plenty of time to get it back before I leave.  


The passport was mailed the Saturday before Thanksgiving and with positive thinking and good deeds, it will come back to me before Christmas.  All I need for Christmas is my passport - please.

Tonight I am gathering my thoughts on what I need to do each day to make sure nothing is left to the last minute.  Tomorrow is the day to sort through credit cards and bank balances to see where to move money.  I would hate not to be able to access cash when I am in the most dire of circumstances.  Another task is to write all my Syrian contacts and notes in my travel journal.  I plan to study in Syria by May, that is, if I ever leave Thailand.


For now, you can find me here at the computer getting ready.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.