Existing Member?

Adventures Abroad

5 July, Saturday

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 5 July 2008 | Views [198]

Pouring with rain this morning, which was very disappointing considering the pimary school Fayre was to be held in the afternoon. However, it did brighten up in time for the 1pm start.

Netherthong is a delightful village and an easy walk to the school. Because of the weather, most of the activities were held inside and we enjoyed the usual things - tombola, coconut shy, guessing competitions etc. I won a small bag of lollies (as I usually don't win anything, it was quite exciting!). We wandered around for a while and then went to watch the egg throwing competition - an annual institution apparently and funny to watch (the eggs are not hard-boiled, so the "catcher" has to wear a plastic bin bag in case the egg breaks when it hits them).

Kate was helping in various places so, after the egg throwing, David, Ron and I walked to the local Cricketers' Arms for a pint (well, half a shandy for me)and a chat. We stayed for a short while and then returned to the school in time for a cuppa and a scone before heading home.

After a bit of a relax outside on the terrace, plus a go on the aerial tennis (think it's called that) with Rory (who is amazingly accurate with his shots)we had dinner (a scrumptious lasagne Kate had made) and a good long natter. Izzy has made me a lovely, colourful coaster out of beads and I'm looking forward to using it when I get home.

About ronsan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.