Existing Member?

Adventures Abroad

4 July, Friday

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 4 July 2008 | Views [188]

Happy Independence Day, those Americans amongst you!

Today we said goodbye to Barbara and Ian, who have been wonderfully hospitable, but we will see them again before we go. Sam's car wouldn't start, which caused a bit of a glitch, but Ron managed to jump start it (thank heavens for Dads!!)and off she went. She subsequently bought a new battery and all is well now.

We drove off to Yorkshire, using our faithful Tom-Tom and really enjoyed the drive because quite a lot of it was not on motorways! We stopped for lunch in a little hamlet and then carried on to Netherthong to stay with my cousin's son David, his wife Kate and their two children Isabella and Rory. They live in a beautiful little village, just outside Holmfirth, with narrow, winding streets. Their house is built of stone and is really nice. Their new kitchen is state of the art and I'm very jealous!

It was so good to see them again and we went with Kate to pick the children up from school - they have grown so much since we last saw them in 2004. Like Josh, Izzy goes to High School next year (the English school year starts in September)and Rory goes into 4th year.

Tomorrow we're going to their school Fayre, which should be fun (providing it doesn't rain, of course).

About ronsan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.