Existing Member?

Adventures Abroad

28 June, Saturday

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 29 June 2008 | Views [189]

Today was Barbecue day and our last full day with Chris, although we hope to at least call in one more time before we head for home! We started fairly eary, with Chris and I preparing food whilst Ron and Gwyllem sorted out chairs and tables, a gazebo and the BBQ outside.

Around 5pm peope started arriving and we finally met several of Chris's friends, two of whom Ron had known in the Police Force. Everyone was very friendly and several of them had been to Australia so it was nice talking about their travels. Most of the people had also know Paul and it was nice sharing our various memories of him.

The food was excellent (cooked by Chris's son Phil)- chicken, sausages, salads etc. and three wonderful, decadent desserts! Plus plenty of red wine to wash it all down.

Throughout the evening we played giant Jenga (where you build a tower with wooden blocks and then attempt to make it higher by pulling out blocks lower down, without the tower toppling! Great fun.

Towards the end of the evening (which, after a gloomy day, turned out to be very pleasant) we went indoors and just enjoyed outselves listening to 60s music and talking about the "old days".

Fairly late to bed, feeling we'd made new friends - they were all so easy to talk to and very friendly.

Tomorrow, after attending church with Chris, we're visiting and uncle and his family before going down to Nottingham to stay with my mother's youngest sister (only 7 years older than me) and her husband for a few days.

About ronsan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.