Existing Member?

Adventures Abroad

29 June, Sunday

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 30 June 2008 | Views [176]

Our last day at Chris's but, as we intend to at least call in one more time, it wasn't too difficult to say goodbye. Before leaving, we joined her at her church, the United Reformed Church of Thornton Hough. A very interesting service, although rather different to what we ae used to. The treasurer asked if we would write a small article of our impressions of the service and how it compared to our services in Australia!

After leaving Chris's, we drove into Liverpool to visit my cousin, Margaret and her husband Mike. Ron and I hadn't seen them since they visited us in 1990 so it was good to catch up. Margaret's brother, Brian was there and later her father and his (second) wife arrived. We had a good chat and a nice lunch before heading off to Woodborough (Notts) to stay with my Aunt Barbara and Uncle Ian. They live in a lovely village a few miles out of Nottingham. Once again, we wee made very welcome and spent most of the evening catching up with all the news. We felt very swish in our bedroom with its own washbasin and attached conservatory!

About ronsan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.