Existing Member?

Adventures Abroad

23 May 2008 - Friday

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 23 May 2008 | Views [221]

Woke up this morning to a rather overcast day, with a bit of rain! Left Jean and Chris's with Sam to go for our tour of Prodrive and Aston Martin, where Sam works. It was a lovely drive, very green and soft. Had a personal tour which was very interesting; saw their rally cars (Subaru, and the MG Metro), a Ferrari, BAR F1 car amongst others and the Prodrive PD2 prototype, then into the workshop where we saw the Le Mans Aston Martins being made "race ready" for the 24 hour next month. Afterwards, we went to Sam's place in Leamington Spa - a nice apartment with a view of the narrowboats on the canal. Drove through Warwick (will visit the castle later) and then to the shops (Sainsburys). Very quaint houses dating back hundreds of years. We ate in with Sam and her flatmate Nicole. We've been amazed at the variety of ready-made dinners in the supermarkets - a veritable feast!!! We're really going to enjoy the shopping on this trip!

Off to Bath tomorrow - looking forward to seeing the old Roman baths and enjoying the history of this ancient town.

About ronsan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.