Existing Member?

Adventures Abroad

24 May 2008, Saturday

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 25 May 2008 | Views [228] | Comments [1]

After a good night's sleep, got up fairly early and went for a walk. Decided (naughtily!) to call in to MacDonald's and have breakfast there. No different to an Aussie one except that the coffee was appalling!!

Drove with Sam and Nicole to Stratford (instead of Bath) - what a beautiful journey! Visited Holy Trinity Church, where Shakespeare is buried - an organist was playing, which added to the effect. Beautiful stained glass windows. Bought a watercolour of Shakespeare's birthplace.

Wandered around the town, in and out of various shops, had lunch and then drove to the Cotswolds, another beautiful journey. We had forgotten how much softer the landscape is than even our beautiful Southern Highlands! First stop was Upper Slaughter - a very small gem of a village, with a ford over beautifully clear water and a lovely church, one of seven in the Parish. Next to Lower Slaughter, is a much bigger village (Upper Slaughter), with a waterwheel and little bridges over a small river.

We then decded to go to Tetbury (Prince Charles' local village and shops). Fairly long drive but worth it - lots more shops to see and a nice wander around.

We had a bit of a minor disaster when our video camera spat the dummy and we lost everything that we have recorded so far - Windsor, Stratford, Upper and Lower Slaughter etc. Hopefully we think we know the problem and can correct it, we've still got our photo's at least!!

Sam is treating us to dinner tonight, in a local pub.

Comments

1

Wow... you've done so much already!!!! Photos look great. Pity about your video - but at least it happened now and not in 3 weeks time when there would've been a whole lot more to lose.
Keep up the journal, it's great!!!!
Love
Di & co
xxxxxx

  Di May 25, 2008 3:47 PM

About ronsan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.