Existing Member?

Our Adventures .·´¯`·..·..·´¯`·.. ·..· "The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page" ---Saint Augustine .·´¯`·.. ·..·´¯`·.. ·..

Mt Glorious

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 3 September 2006 | Views [1291] | Comments [3]

[03 Sept 06]

Maiala National Park is 1140 hectares of beautiful rainforest & open wet eucalypt on the D'Aguilar Range. Its 1.9km track winds through the forest forming a very squiggly number 8 with a top track that runs off to Greenes Falls, which i am sure was once a spectacualar sight, though it runs almost dry now (due to the long drought i suspect, and its pictured at top of article). 

On your trek you will see many great examples of ferns that grow in the sides of trees, fortunatly, i believe, unlike the strangler fig, these do not harm the tree.  

Many palms & ground ferns, and a fantasticly arranged tangle of tree roots.  

Its a good easy walk, and not too far West of Brisbane.

Tags: Bushwalking SE Queensland

Comments

1

I reckon they ought to do something about extending that circuit so that people can get a glimpse of the falls. People would go walking along that track expecting to see them, but they hardly see anything.

  Tom from Brisbane Jul 25, 2008 8:31 AM

2

Really? From ready stuff on the net i was under the impression you could get a good view of the falls? I'm guessing thats not true after reading the last comment!

Does anyone know of anywhere that i can find a listing of Waterfalls in south east QLD?

Thanks :)

  Angie Jan 30, 2009 3:47 PM

3

Actually we have had quite a lot of rainfall over the last couple of months so many of the falls may be looking much healthier. We visited Purlingbrook Falls a couple of weeks ago (in Springbrook) and it looked very impressive. www.epa.qld.gov.au lists parks around QLD. Also www.ourbrisbane.com has a lot of useful info. But I don't remember coming across a website purely dedicated to Falls. Hope that helps.

  rlgpeu Jan 30, 2009 7:27 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.