Existing Member?

Our Adventures .·´¯`·..·..·´¯`·.. ·..· "The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page" ---Saint Augustine .·´¯`·.. ·..·´¯`·.. ·..

Romantic Dual Birthday Getaway

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 4 June 2006 | Views [1170]

[04 June 06 - 06 June 06]

Well things were going well, actually more than that, fantastic, and as chance would have it our birthdays were only a day apart. So we decided to do something special & booked in a few nights at The Mouses House in Springbrook. The chalets were very original, nicely designed, & fortunately not filled with Disney paraphernalia, though they were cutely named after the seven dwarfs, we got sleepy or sneezy.   

 

There was a nice forest path to the chalets, and ours had a spa, which was put to good use. It had a wood fireplace, a must in my books for romantic, and its own little kitchen plus BBQ out front. And is decorated through out with nice wood worksmanship. You could buy hampers for breakfeat and lunch, or bring your own. Better style than your average B&B, & great to lock yourself away from the world.  

But we decided to do a local bush walking track called Twin Falls. The track runs right along the top of the cliff & circles round along the bottom, with a great cave like spot, where HUGE boulders lent against each other. These are the best shots i got of the two waterfalls. The aboriginals called them Bellaringa, meaning Two Falls.  

I have always found you can get great shots from the top of waterfalls with the view they offer in the background. It puts images in my mind of the worlds edge. Here is a shot of each.  

The walk itself was good, beautiful rainforest all around, and the boulder caves were quite a sight. A great walk all in all, with plenty of photogenic creeks & stoney cracks to shoot.

 

And on our way home we decided to go to the near by, 'Best of All Lookout', and rightly named so. Its right at the end of the road, about the last 100m are in NSW (i think, or close to). But the forest up there is mystical, specially when the clouds decend onto it. This enchanted forest also had a specimen of Arctic Birch (correct me if im wrong), of which there is the photo below.  

And the best view we have seen to date! (about 180*, & featured at top of article)

Tags: Bushwalking SE Queensland

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.