Existing Member?

As the Wind Blows

Week 30 which was spent being bored

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 14 October 2011 | Views [518]

Gringotts?

Gringotts?

The most brain power I use all week is thinking of what to write in this here journal. When I’m actually travelling  it’s quite easy to write about the places I visit but when I’m in London, well sadly enough London’s like base camp for me, and there’s only so much you can write about it from a tourist perspective. I googled things to do in London last week and have seen most of the major touristy places with the exception of the London Eye, the London Zoo, the Tower Bridge experience (after climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge last year, I’ve heard it’s rather anti-climatic) and other minor quirky London sites. Quirky sites are for locals who are bored and need to revive (or justify) their love for the city.

But who can ever get bored in London?

There’s always something going on and heaps of free events to go. Of course when your bank balance reads a single digit, it’s kinda hard to get to these free things in the first place. However knowing me, even if my bank balance read a nine digit number (why stop at six :P) I would have still spent the last weekend watching way too much tv than is good for a person.  With an onslaught of new tv series being aired no-one could blame me really. And after being told I have to vacate my house in less than a month, I may as well make use of the facilities available.

I’m being quite ridiculous I know.

Last week I worked at Grosvenor House – they have nice uniforms and gorgeous rooms, but a manager who unceremoniously yells abuse at staff in front of everyone (manager tip number 1: if you have issues with a staff member, organise a time to speak with them one on one to tell them what is required from their work performance and assist them to achieve it, not in front of a room full of people as this gives clients and other staff an impression of unprofessionalism). And of course there’s the dear old Berkley where polishing and food service has now become second nature to me. I still haven’t managed to serve food without disrupting the placement of food on the plate but with only two more weeks to get this right there's still hope!

Isn’t my blog starting to sound just like everyday life?

So for completeness I’ll continue to try and motivate myself to write this blog even though after visiting so many places, London is not so much fun to write about and as a result I’m assuming it's not going to be as entertaining to read.

:)

About rachthe1st


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.