Existing Member?

Princess Adventures A little something-something to run around the world with....

The right time for a new tattoo?

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 19 July 2010 | Views [552] | Comments [2]

Camden triggers those in the know to ask about Amy Winehouse and whether or not I saw her. It's the ultimate stop for all your alternative and tattoo desires. However, tucked away neatly in Camden Lock is a plethora of market stalls with some very funky knick-knacks, artwork and accessories! Amelia, her friend Sarah and I had a wonderful time dawdling around the markets and drinking coffee on some of the funkiest waterfront seats I've ever seen - scooter rear ends! Camden had spunk and it was a quirky place packed to the rims with all kinds of getting-away-from-the-city charm.

After our girly wanderings, we decided to tackle the task of finding Hampstead Heath. A mad dash for a bus, a quick redirect through the tube and a solid half hour or hill walking through gorgeous suburbs brought us to a sprawling lake which brings to mind everything you ever hoped for when dreaming of summer holidays, lakes, jumping off platforms and generally lounging about in the grass. It's the kind of thing movies are made of and books are inspired by. The yellow tipped grass swayed across the fields in the breeze and painted the kind of atmosphere Jane Austen would love to describe and Aunty Anne would love to paint. You can walk lazily in the shade of drooping willows, watch lovebirds have picnics together in the sunshine and children run around trying to get their tiny handmade kites into the air. Everything that embodies happiness and smiles was to be found in short, pure moments right there in Hampstead Heath.

If you're up to the challenge of the hilly landscape you, like us, can make your way up Primrose Hill to experience a full cityscape! We gawped at children running with kites, took happy smiley photos in front of the city-cross-country backdrop, and Sarah had a ball learning just how good 6.5 frames per second feels in your hands. It was one of those laid-back and relaxing days discovering a city is made of, without the pressure of crowds, tourist fees and getting lost....well, too lost anyway. Thank goodness for Google Maps and Amelia's iPhone! Romping through the long grass, and sometimes a litle mud, we made our way back into town to find a sweet garden cafe for lunch before a serious couch session back at home. A superb day out, and a delightful insight into what it's like in London when you're not swamped by the hordes of ignorant tourists pushing to get the value out of their high-priced endeavours. Bliss.

Comments

1

It's almost too hard to read your wonderfully descriptive blogs, Kristy. The pain of not being there!!! I loved Hampstead Heath and went for many a walk there. I look forward to your first published travel guide. xxxx keep safe.. AA

  Aunty Anne Jul 28, 2010 11:40 AM

2

I agree. Very well written... very awesome! 12 More Days... x

  Rhodey Jul 28, 2010 11:23 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.