Existing Member?

Definitely Out There

Crocs and Northern Territory Girls

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 15 April 2013 | Views [362]

Australia has just flown past - 3 weeks in 3 cities and it's already over.

I spent the last week in Darwin with Allison and Mark, an amazing couple I met while traveling in South America. The Australians and the English and everybody else from the empire have a phrase: "you're a legend, mate!" These two are legends. Running dangerously close to travel burnout, these two took me in, gave me a place to sleep (with delicious, delicious air conditioning), fed me, and showed me around town all week, asking nothing in return. They are truly marvelous people.

Me and Allison

Well, I saw some kangaroos, koalas and crocodiles, but Australia's coming to a close for me and I don't feel like I've spent nearly enough time here. I've only just started to get a feel for the country and culture. But I guess it's a good thing - leave them wanting more. I'm headed to Bali now, which will begin the shift away from English-speaking home-away-from-home and into strange new lands. This is a whole new level of traveling. I'm looking forward to it, with not a little nervous apprehension on the side.

About paul_meet_world


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.