Existing Member?

A life less ordinary What started out as 12months in Sydney has turned into a great adventure - taking in Australia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and now 'home' in Dubai.

Massive Catch up - Part Two

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES | Saturday, 27 August 2011 | Views [467]

Where were we?!? Yes – so engaged mega excited – drunk and high as a kite. I slept for like 2 hours and was wide awake at 4 am....needless to say I was in event mode!! That morning we set out some parameters and agreed a date – in 12 weeks time!! Oh I should also say that on my birthday I also signed a month long contract with Blink Events which I was very excited about – starting date!? The next week!! SO you can know see why it May, June and July sped by pretty damn quick!!!

Before our wedding though we made the trip to Hong Kong to see one of Daire very good friends get married. I had never been to Hong Kong and was uber excited about the whole 4 days we had there!! Needless to say we had a fabulous weekend, afternoon tea, roof top cocktails, Chinese Club dinner (complete with noodle slapping experience) lots of drinking in the street (also a novelty for us Dubai folk), late nights, boat rides,  oh and a gorgeous wedding in the middle of it all!! Ally and Ness came from Dubai with us, friends came from the UK and Singapore, also as the bride was Aussie there was a massive contingent from that part of the world which all made for an amazing and very tiring few days and you will see from the pictures!!

Back in Dubai work was getting pretty busy for me doing a live event in Ferrari World at the beginning of June, but we found time to send invites out, book our venue and church, have marriage lessons with an Italian Priest in Dubai (DON’T ASK!!) buy the bridesmaid dresses....and generally start to get things in order. After my event (which went so well I was invited back after my contact finished and offered a permanent position) we back to the UK to do all the legal requirements – catch up with friends and family and show off the ‘bling’ it was very surreal but seeing the venue we had chosen for the first time we were happy that everything was going to go juussssst fine!! I came back to Dubai and Daire stayed on in Europe managing to schedule in work meetings in Milan before heading to Ireland for his stag weekend – we he finally touched down in Dubai he had no voice, stunk and looked like he could sleep for a week!! June – much like May – flew by, although we had to say goodbye to a couple we had met here, they moved to Hong Kong with their family which was sad as they were lovely and we didn’t feel like we spent enough time hanging out with them – big up the Fenners!!! Mental night...check out the pics....actually reckon it’s time for a break...

About partners-in-crime


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Arab Emirates

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.