Existing Member?

A life less ordinary What started out as 12months in Sydney has turned into a great adventure - taking in Australia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and now 'home' in Dubai.

April - the last two weeks.

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 29 April 2010 | Views [499]

LJ joined a girls-only gym and started going to classes before work. Thought girls only went to the gym to show off their compacted spandex bodies to boys so don’t know what that’s about? Seems to love working on the beach though, and the commute is a one bus 30 min door to door.

On Friday night we headed to Zinc, which is a great cafe by day, but also turns out to be a great dinner venue, good nosh and vino.  Saturday I left early for a game against Macquarie Uni. Pretty physical is the Aussie rules!! LJ went bridesmaid shopping with Alex in Leichardt following brunch at the Museum of Sydney. Plenty of snaps to report back to the bride and fellow bridesmaids, followed by some Italian white wine to celebrate the efforts. That night we met up with Ken at the Light Brigade pub in Paddington for grub and beers.

On Sunday we rose early to go see Ross compete in a mini-triathlon around Mrs Macquarie’s Chair. To help Ross refuel, we were more than happy to join the guys for Pancakes in the Rocks. Post gluttonising ourselves, we met up with Alex and Neil and headed out to Home Bush (Olympic Park) to the ANZ stadium to see Russell Crowe’s Rabbitos play the Eels in NRL (rugby league). Eels came back to win 24-6.

Plenty of exercise during the week morning and evening being had by all, helped along that according to local reports we are having an Indian Summer – loving the 25c Autumn sun, although getting chilly at night.

 After dinner at home on Friday night, I headed out early on Saturday for a game against Maroubra Sinners. It was more like an 80 minute wrestle than anything else though. LJ came out to watch although we couldn’t provide a victory. We went for a lovely lunch in Rose Bay, before dropping LJ into work. I went off to meet Ken, Jill and Sid in Taylor Square and was joined by Laura before heading to Balkan restaurant, followed a nightcap or 3 at Durty Nellies.

Sunday was ANZAC Day – after a lay in we did a weekly shop with a hire car, dropped LJ to work. Heading into the Rocks to join the festivities in the oldest part of Sydney, we started in The Argyle then onto The Australian for 2up and met Liz, Will, Anthony, Alex and Bren. Left at 7pm and headed home to cook a good old English roast chicken and rhubarb crumble!!

Monday was a public holiday here, so lay out in the sun, then made a picnic and headed to Centennial Park to play rounders. Finished off the Monday with roast leftovers and Underbelly

About partners-in-crime


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.