Existing Member?

A life less ordinary What started out as 12months in Sydney has turned into a great adventure - taking in Australia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and now 'home' in Dubai.

Eating, Walking, Drinking and Gigging

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 28 September 2009 | Views [391]

Sunday lunch = 1 Turkish bap, two homestyle burgers, melted cheese, beetroot, relish, lettuce, tomato and a glass of red!!! It was pretty messy!

Sunday lunch = 1 Turkish bap, two homestyle burgers, melted cheese, beetroot, relish, lettuce, tomato and a glass of red!!! It was pretty messy!

This week last week or so have been a bit of a mixture or things and kind of starts around 10 days ago...I know I know...there are only 7 days in a week but when you're not working at all sort of blurs into one big week!! Last Friday and went and met the boys for a drink in the evening and we found this cute little italian on the backstreets of Kings Cross (weirdly the back streets are no where near as selubrious as the main streets!) It had a real buzzing atmosphere so we headed in for a feed. Ended up with the a big red, cheese and meats then a massive pizza each!! Was delicious, what was so cool about the place (as well as being able to write on the table clothes) was that it was open until late, I mean it was still heaving at 12 midnight when we left. Great place to line the stomach, to soak up the booze or just eat good food and watch the other customers. (I'm working on not staring and just watching....not great at it though!)

So I have had a few interviews for work and finally landed myself a 6 month event contract which is great. Can't wait to get started, I did a couple of days temping last week too and it was great to be using my brain and back in the office. Daire was also away in Hong Kong this week with work stuff so it was refreshing to have him back on Friday night. His flight got in at a good time so we went out to try a local japanese restaurant for dinner and it was be by far the best sushi we have ever had, so fresh and tasty and not too much rice either, we followed that up with sizzling wagyu beef and soft shell crab which were also done to perfection. So many places around here are BYO (Bring Your Own) booze which is great, if you wanna drink vodka with your meal you can!!! :)

Saturday I got up early and headed North to Milson's Point to do an aqua aerobics class with Jenny over looking the harbour and bridge and then went for breakfast and a potter around Kirribilli market. It's the sort of second hand market stalls mixed with food stalls, flowers and some quirky jewelry. I bought some gorgeous lillies and headed home. It's sporting final season here so we watched the AFL final on the tv, Daire's really getting into all the Ozzy sports and it was a close game so all good. Then, we shot out to Newtown to meet up with the Slevins and their partners to go and see The Script, a Dublin band that have had a few chart hits in the UK and here. Was a great gig; no queue's, wandered to the bar and served almost straight away, wandered into the main area and were pretty close to the stage! Perfect, it was a bit like Brixton only smaller so it was a fab inimate gig - loads if teeny boppers....felt like old crusties in comparison so we all stuck together!!! Back to the pub afterwards for more beers but when our two resident light wieghts, John and Samantha, decided it was home time we all headed home...I didn't realised it was nearly 2am!

Sunday, we went to markets in the Rocks and wandered around to Darling harbour before coming back to cook a couple of monumental burgers on the bbq, wash it down with some red wine. Ken and Sam took us to an olde english pub in the evening and it was SO cute, they even had a fire burning in the lounge bar...it was pretty nippy last night!

And that brings us just about up to date! Sorry for the rambling and name references....check out the pics for further details!

About partners-in-crime


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.