Existing Member?

A life less ordinary What started out as 12months in Sydney has turned into a great adventure - taking in Australia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and now 'home' in Dubai.

Settling in...19/09/09

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 19 September 2009 | Views [378] | Comments [2]

So this week, after much hunting and negoitating and organising (no stress though, honest) we moved into our new apartment. Home for the next 12 months. Thankfully all our stuff arrived and got unloaded of the vessel in time for us to go and collect it. That has really dominated our week, last weekend we went to Kirribilli with Ken on Saturday, it's on the north side of the harbour, and had a nice lunch and a few beers! Got wind of a bbq on Coogee beach on the way back to exchanged the car for a crate of James Boags (type of beer) and headed down to soak up the sun. It was the hottest day we have had since we've been here so it was nice to be by the beach chilling! Ken has been putting Daire through his fitness paces (he's been doing 'weights' in the gym apparently!) so they went off for a run along the coast to bondi whilst I dragged my ass and their boardies down to the beach!!!

I've also had a couple of interviews with recruiters this week with some really positive responses so it's just a matter of time before I get working again.

Yesterday, I met one of Hilary's friends, Jenny, for lunch. She's been here 4 years and now has residency so it was good to have a girlie gossip with her, hope to ctach up with her next week too so starting to build a bit of a network too. Daire came and met me after and we went to the fish market at Pyrmont, amazing....Daire got the biggest Oysters (?!) and we shared a half bottle of Semillion in the sunshine. it was really nice.

The temperature is getting warmer all the time and I am now sat out on our deck in my bikini writing this...bliss!!!

I have been sending post cards like every few days....I believe there is a postal strike on in the UK, so be patient guys. There's something on the way for all of you!!!! Hope all is well....email us with goss please! :)  

Comments

1

Hey lovelies,

Sounds bliss! Am very jealous, its getting cold here. Am am trying the find these new pics of your pad...
xxxx

  kimberly Button Sep 19, 2009 5:37 PM

2

Hey Guys!

Your new pad looks amazing! Can't wait to come and stay (fingers crossed!).

Glad everything is going well for you - it all looks lovely and very laid back.

Speak soon
xxx

  Danielle Sep 23, 2009 5:12 AM

About partners-in-crime


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.