Existing Member?

Paolo and the World "You're off to great places. Today is your day. Your mountain is waiting. So get on your way." -Dr. Seuss

My First Makiling Climb

PHILIPPINES | Saturday, 3 September 2011 | Views [268]

Rock Climb

I joined 20 members University of the Philippines Engineering Students's Guild for a trip to the summit of Mt. Makiling. I was really excited for this because I love climbing mountains and I'm gonna do it UPESG. Also, I bought a couple of new hiking gears. I'll get a chance to try my new gear.

I assigned to lead the group. It took us 4 hours to reach the summit. The road was very unfriendly. There are leeches and limatiks all waiting to suck your blood. And, the rain was heavy. All of these conditions made it more exciting and challenging for me. Well, I think I'm the only one happy with these conditions. My friends are not because they're having a hard time.

We saw nothing at the summit of the mountain because it was cloudy. We rested at the summit for 30 minutes and we started to go walk down. We want to reach the campsite while there's still sunlight. 

Some of my friends thought that the climb was a waste of time, but it was still a great experience for me. Climbing mountains gives me great joy.

Tags: mountain trekking hiking

 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.