Existing Member?

A Couple's Encounters

First Week in the Sunshine State

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 5 March 2011 | Views [417]

After two hours packing, 20kgs of clothes left behind in Alice’s and a tearful goodbye we headed for the Airport to catch our flight to Brisbane.  Four nights booked in a hostel and who knows after that. 

From Sydneysiders to Brisbanites:  We were welcomed to Brissie with a warm burst of heat as we stepped off the plane like when you land in Spain for a week’s holiday after leaving Ireland.  Not too long were we on the coach to our hostel and the thunder storm kicked in.  It lashed rain with tremendous thunder and lightning the whole evening so you can imagine we were beginning to think what had we done leaving Sydney.  A takeaway pizza later we were on an apartment hunt for the night.  Luckily Tuesday brightened up as we had a long day ahead viewing apartments, opening bank accounts, meeting recruiters and all that exciting jazz.  For the rest of the week I started work while James found us a place to live.  We got so lucky with finding a place to live and moved in on Friday.  Nicely done Jim!!  Love the new pad.  10th floor pool view apartment with a balcony.  Happy out.  Not trying to make anyone jealous of course.  To celebrate we went out for dinner that night and thought we’d order a bottle of bubbly before heading home.  Only after a bottle we decided to head to the Irish club to see what’s happening on a Friday night in Brisbane and sure enough pints of Guinness later we were skipping back up the road home.  Great night had by all.  The weekend then was spent getting set up in our new place making lists and buying in all the bits and pieces we needed.  Done and dusted.  Roll on the weekends away!

Tags: irish club, new apartment, new city, new job

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.