Existing Member?

Blurred memories Memoirs of a lost and bewildered Australian chick through Europe.

Nott any more!

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 23 October 2009 | Views [645]

The time in Nottingham has flown, but to be honest I spent 95% of it looking forward to mum and dad coming over. Yes, it was a great job, good hours (overtime etc.), nice rate of pay, nice workmates, but really I’ve spent the last few months wanting mum and dad. After the dreadful start to the year I think I wanted to see them more than ever. Sometimes the other side of the world may as well be the other side of the universe.

 

But, as I’ve said QMC has been good to me. They gave me a really nice going away present (a charm for my necklace- Robin Hood – or Sagittarius really but it’s the thought that counts and the fact that they tried to get Robin Hood means a lot. After being there only really two and a half months I really did feel like a member of staff and not just ‘the locum’. Especially when I got given a proper uniform- You’d have thought I’d joined a special club or something the amount of people that commented on it!

 

So Nottingham is over, I’ll definitely return but for now it’s getting old time (26....eeek!) and MUM AND DAD!!!!!

Tags: work

About nadscol


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.