Existing Member?

On my way to Australia! Hopefully this little journal will help me describe where I am and what I'm doing while out in the big wide world.

Perth

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 10 August 2007 | Views [771] | Comments [3]

Koala

Koala

Hi all, thought I would update you on my travels etc. I travelled to Perth to see the sights but most importantly to visit some very dear friends. First stop was Laura and Tigger, who very kindly not only picked me up from the airport also poured wine with a flourish! Next day was Laura's leaving do from work.... she is on a working visa and is due to leave Australia the end of September. Great to meet Tigger and catch up on the family news. Will hopefully see them when they pop over to Sydney before they leave for England.

Laura and I then went on a short tour of the Swan valley. This is a wine growing region around Perth. We did some wine tasting but it appears that most of the place is closed on Mondays, yep and that was the day we visited!!

So on to wednesday when I was picked up by Claire Pipe. Great that she was still around with her and families imminent departure for England. They also live outside Perth in a very quiet little town. Good again to get the news and gossip about you all at Basildon! Having not seen any wildlife since I got here, Claire took me to a local wildlife park where I was attacked by a snake, frightened by the emus and general felt a little unsafe, Claire did laugh. I spent a couple of days with the Pipes then Claire, bless her cotton socks, dropped me of at the airport. four hours later (very large country) back to Sydney, I have now got a job and start the 27th August, Claire advices I keep my head down for a week or two.... she might be right will let you know how it goes.

Tags: friends

 

Comments

1

congratulations on your job, hope all goes well. Happy birthday for thursday!!

  Clair Aug 22, 2007 4:34 AM

2

i cant believe you visited the wine valley on a day that it was shut its not like you not to do your research when it comes to alcohol. hope you had a lovely birthday sorry i didnt e mail you but i was at v that weekend. congratulations on the job thats fantastic hope it goes well.

  JODIE Aug 29, 2007 8:16 AM

3

Hi Lainie, Well done & congratulations on getting the job. Can you remember what to do?! Silly question! Good luck & take care. Look forward to hearing lots more.

  kerry Aug 31, 2007 1:08 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.