Existing Member?

On my way to Australia! Hopefully this little journal will help me describe where I am and what I'm doing while out in the big wide world.

Here at last!

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 2 August 2007 | Views [763] | Comments [5]

not to far really essex is always with me! even in fremantle

not to far really essex is always with me! even in fremantle

Dear all, well here I am in Sydeny Australia. 14 hours by plane from LA. Got sat in the middle of two guys who didn't say a word to me all the flight...the guy on the right having taken a large amount of pills just before takeoff went straight to sleep the other one just watched his tv. They soon tured the lights out on us which was a shame as I was in the middle of a Stephanie Plum story (number 13). We settled down under the blankets and tried to sleep with the A/C blaring! when both guys were asleep I was very sneeky and turned the A/C off, which was great!!!

Around 0400 they served breakfast and did the business of getting us ready to land. the last 30 minutes being the longest in the world esp when your anxious! we landed as planned at 0600 and trouped to immigration. The immigration guy took my passport stamped it and handed it back.....all without saying a word....within 30 secs! So I guess I'm now a resident of Australia. This was the bit of the process I was anxious about but in the end turned out to be the easy bit!

Through the gate and Dina is there as promised. Great to have a hug and welcoming smile. We step outside of the airport and I realise that although Dina had warned me, its freezing! So of we go to her place just passed Botany bay.

So how have I been passing the tims so far? well all the things new immigrants are supposed to do, getting a new bank account, joinig medicare, getting a tax file number.......trying stay out of the clutches of direct line DO NOT EVER USE THEM!!! just ask Sandra, so sorry Sandra. After more then 90 days traveling....sightseeing haven't got round to doing any yet. Have seen the bridge and opera house in the distance but will go soon!

I have a job interview next week at one of the children's hospitals in Sydney and then hopefully look for a place to live....so you all have somewhere to stay and Dina can have her privacy back! Then maybe get a car and I guess its getting on with the business of living!

Will post pictures when I can as I'm writing this at the library and they dont have the software to let you post pictures.

Tags: adventures

 

Comments

1

Hi Moley!
Well done on surviving your travels so far with only a couple of hiccups/black eyes! So pleased you're going for a job in Sydney, I thought you said the other day you were going for a job in Brisbane? As I'm sure you're finding out Sydney is a fab place-with realy friendly people and I'm sure you will settle down there realy easily.
Still miss you and think of you all the time at work- there's no one to answer my peculiar questions and sort out all of the crap that goes on - noone could do that better than our little Moley.
Take care, lots of love Kpx

  Kay Aug 6, 2007 11:44 PM

2

Glad you got there safely, lovely to talk the other night. Got your text Sunday, hope you didn't get too drunk! I'll send the bailiffs round to you as soon as you get your own place!!!!!!

  sandra and corin Aug 7, 2007 4:40 AM

3

hi Lainie, Glad to hear you've arrived safely. All sounds very exciting & i hope i'll get the chance to visit one day. Good luck with the interview. Take care & enjoy your new life in Oz!

  kerry Aug 8, 2007 6:38 AM

4

Hello - glad you got there safely - Good luck with the interviews and cant wait to hear more. xXx

  Catherine and the Birmingham Clan Aug 16, 2007 11:17 PM

5

Congratulations you're finally there! "Wow 'em" at the interviews and don't forget to keep us posted on all your news Think you've probably made the right decision - looked out of my dining room window yesterday and noticed that there are now 3 large black and white china pigs at the bottom of my neighbour's garden!!!

  Shelagh, Bill & the Boys Aug 17, 2007 5:51 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.