Existing Member?

On my way to Australia! Hopefully this little journal will help me describe where I am and what I'm doing while out in the big wide world.

New York New York

USA | Wednesday, 2 May 2007 | Views [447] | Comments [3]

well here she is in all her glory!

well here she is in all her glory!

Well, here I am in New York city. Had a very sad farewell with my family at the airport but some gtreat texts from a lot of people to say hi and good travels thanks to all of you that sent a text or e-mail. New York appears to me very much like London without all the guns!! A lot of police every where, still, should make you feel safer; just made me feel anxious/guilty must be the catholic in me!
Went to ground zero today very sad place and it did make me cry.....soppy git! There is a very long list of names. Think it would make you all cry.
Yesterday to stay awake as suggested went to see the empire state building 86 floors in about 30 secs; my ears popped. very nice in the twilight, not to busy so got to see the sights, not everyones cup of tea.... you all know who you are!

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

Glad to hear you arrived safe and sound and seeing the sights, love sight seeing myself just so I can say i've been there!!

  Clare May 4, 2007 4:17 AM

2

Hey Elaine - glad you made it to New York, New York safely, along with your plug!

Hope you're having a blast visiting all those wonderful sites - and just remember, you are NOT in London! Go and look at the Italian part of Grenwich Village, some great restaurants there. A buggy ride around Central Park is a must too but I'm sure you're making the most of your time there.

I've just booked flights to visit in October so no making a bad mane for yourself there or they might refuse my entry!

Take care - we miss you here on Puffin Ward
Gill xxx

  Gill May 7, 2007 4:21 AM

3

dearest lainey - very glad to hear arrived safely - you really are turning into soppy old git all that sobbing! i understand now you are in washington - hopefully tears are all dried! i shall say hello again with glenn in tow as actually need to get on with some more work! will sarah jane be logging onto your journal?!
naturally miss your giggle lots of love claire

  claire o May 8, 2007 8:21 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.