Existing Member?

Same Same, but... a little bit different!

Getting Nailed in Dong Hoi

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 18 December 2018 | Views [668]

The train was not as nice as Europe, but far nicer than Thailand. It was really noisy in the city, and we were happy when it started to settle down. We only had 1 berth-mate, and he was getting off about 4 hours before us. We were exhausted and after a couple game of cards we racked out.

 quick but with the noise, rocking and hardness of the bunk, it was not the best sleep. At about 3 am our berth-mate got up and ready; left shortly after. Tim couldn’t sleep so we played cards for a while.

Morning was refreshing and the scenery was stunning. Pictures from a train aren’t the best.

The train official gave us a 20 minute warning. We packed up and were greated by our shuttle. Was a pretty good experience, shuttle was very new and the drive to the hotel was far more chill than the other cities we have been to in Vietnam.

The hotel room was really small, but almost as nice as Ho Chi Minh city. After walking around a bit, we discovered we were really outside the main area of the town. We were, however, able to find a place to get acrylic nails done.

The lady did an amazing job. She took her time to ensure they were done perfectly; less than $20, and less than half the price of everywhere we have seen so far.

We were quite tired, so we relaxed for a couple hours. We ventured out for pizza, something that we knew we would get eventually. It was very good, thin crust and loaded with cheese. It was Hawaiian, but both of us found it difficult to detect the pineapple and peppers.

Walking back was majestical. The bridges are lit up at night, the streets have many lights and archways.

 

We grabbed some beer, cheapest yet and had an early evening in the hotel.

 

About mitann


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.