Existing Member?

Same Same, but... a little bit different!

From here to There

HUNGARY | Thursday, 18 August 2016 | Views [353]

We woke up this morning quite excited, even though we had a 6.5 hour train ride; we were going to a new city: Budapest, Hungary. We packed up the bags, bought a few last provisions from the grocery store and packed a picnic lunch.

 

The train was a short walk, about 1.4 KM from the hotel. We arrived early and enjoyed a cold beverage while waiting in the park outside.

 

The train pulled up almost exactly on time. It was a modern, comfortable space with a table that gave us hours of yuker enjoyment. I really had to pee so I was extremely happy to be boarded and settled in.

 

The train was smooth and took us through fields of corn, sunflowers and other crops we couldn't recognize. We had this idea that Europe would be more densely populated, but the country side was only dotted with small towns.

 

The train took us through the Czech Republic, Slovakia and to Hungary. We went from farmers fields to vineyards; plains to hills. Although the trip was long, it was not only beautiful, but they served cheap beer!

 

 

The trained rolled into Budapest exactly on time; 18:35. It was a short walk to the apartment but it felt longer after a couple beer. We were all a little cranky from the trip but everything worked out as planned; got money from the ATM and the guy from the apartment met us right on time.

 

Wow, that's all I can say about the apartment. A huge 3 bedroom apartment in a well to do section of the downtown. The building has a secure entrance, courtyard in the centre, and large stairwell. The apartment has 2 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms, 2 balcony, 14 feet ceiling and a huge living room, dinning room and kitchen. I would definitely live here!

 

We got some groceries and beverages at a local store (cost $2 for 2 takeaway bags) and settled in for the evening. We were all tired so it was an early night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

About mitann


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hungary

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.