Existing Member?

Same Same, but... a little bit different!

So we are going to Thailand...

CANADA | Monday, 28 October 2013 | Views [444] | Comments [1]

Tim has been telling me since we met that he is going to retire in Thailand.  I have said there is no way unless you take me there to see the country first…after 5 years of waiting the day has finally arrived. 

Tim has been traveling for work a fair bit since we have been posted to Bagotville, Quebec.  He started mentioning that we are due for our bi-annual "big trip" and was dropping hints that we should start looking at taking a trip to Asia over Christmas. We looked at Beijing, China but do you know how cold it is there over Christmas? I might as well stay here in Northern Canada.  I got tricked into going to California once for Christmas and it was not fun; the ocean was freezing.  Do you know that it rains none stop in California for the month of December? We couldn't  even see the damn Hollywood Sign!!

I told him to put his money where his mouth is and take me somewhere tropical; I want to wear a bathing suit and be sweating so much that swimming in the ocean isn’t insane. We started looking at flight prices for Thailand in July; Tim got so obsessed about it he started a daily price tracking chart.  He determined that on current market fluctuations and the price of the dollar, blah blah blah blah blah…that October would be the prime ticket purchasing time. Whatever, at that point I was pretty hesitant that we were going.

 On 20 Sep he just did it, bought the tickets; bam maxed out the Credit Card.  25 days in Thailand during the busiest time of the year, how much planning could that possibly involve…TBC

P.S. Did I mention that I am the planner in the family.

 

Comments

1

The start and end of the trip might be nice. I was planning on sending some items to you for Tim's birthday and Christmas for both.

So I need to know when might be nice.

  Janie Gould Oct 29, 2013 6:00 AM

About mitann


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.