Existing Member?

Jo's Korean and Other Crazy Adventures Jo is coming back to teach in China for a second year that is sure to be filled with new crazy adventures!

Korean National Arboretum trip

SOUTH KOREA | Friday, 20 April 2007 | Views [734]

Yesterday, me and my fellow subject teachers,left school early in the afternoon, to take a trip to the National Arboretum in GyeonGi-Do province. Located in Gwangneung Forest, it has sixteen special gardens, that holds 3,344 plants. If you're into botany and nature, then this is the place for you. They also have a wildlife area with eighteen species including Siberian tigers, Asiatic black bears, and eagles.

Unfortunately, the zoo area was closed at this time of year, and only opens in May. I was disappointed because I wanted to see the tigers. We walked around for over an hour, and took in the sites. It gave me a chance to talk a bit more to my co-teacher and a few other teachers. I couldn't resist taking a video which I will post later. Here is more information of the park.

http://english.gg.go.kr/e_tourism/sightseeingSite.jsp?seq=32&page=1&caller=category&category=n

I had to laugh at the Korean female teachers because, even though they were aware we would be walking and being outside in the wild so to speak. They all wore high heeled shoes, and were dressed up. I was told to wear running shoes because we were doing a lot of walking. When I asked one of the staff, why she didn't wear more comfortable shoes, she explained, that it would ruin her sense of style and her outfit. I didn't say anything, but I was wondering about her sense of style, she was wearing blue shoes, with a brown shirt. I wonder about the styles here in Korea.

Deep Thought: If a Korean female had a choice between style and comfort when walking for a long period of time, which would they choose?

Tags: The Great Outdoors

About miss_traveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Korea

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.