Existing Member?

Jo's Korean and Other Crazy Adventures Jo is coming back to teach in China for a second year that is sure to be filled with new crazy adventures!

Party Weekend!

SOUTH KOREA | Sunday, 1 April 2007 | Views [812]

Another weekend has sadly passed. This weekend I went to a new bar on Friday called, "The Dragon Bar." It is in my neighborhood, and it was a cool place because it had a big screen tv and an electronic dartboard. There were also a few foreigners in there. Me and a new friend, a guy who is in the air force, had quite a good time. We met this really drunk Korean guy who was sooo overly friendly. He had bought a 40 ouncer of Cuban Rum, and was pouring us shots all night. He wouldn't leave the bar, and kept trying to speak English. He was soo funny, and his friend was lying down on a bench, he was so drunk. It is weird to see how drunk Korean men can get. The culture is like that.

On Saturday, I went to this awesome live concert. "The Slackers" from New York where playing at Skunk Hell. Me and a new friend to Korea, had front row seats. The sound was fantastic. They play Ska/reggae type music, and there is a saxophone, a slide trombone, and an amazing keyboardist. It was a buzzing party. I never danced so much. Check out the video above on youtube, that someone took at the concert. See if you can spot me in the front row. I'm behind the guy with the hat in the front, and then mid way through i'm on his right hand side. You can see my hair and also my face at one point when I'm talking to my friend in front.

After that, I showed her Itaewon for the first time. What a letdown. That place never changes. The bar we went to was so overcrowded, we didn't stay long.

This week was my first week in the new English classroom. The teaching was really fun and different. I have a big screen projector with an excellent sound system. I downloaded a karoake player with some songs that the students like. They love the band, Westlife. So, I sung the song on the microphone called, "My Love" and the kids knew it. It was great fun. I plan on using it every class with different tunes.  

 

 

 

Tags: adventures

About miss_traveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Korea

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.