Existing Member?

Jo's Korean and Other Crazy Adventures Jo is coming back to teach in China for a second year that is sure to be filled with new crazy adventures!

Three weeks to Go !

CANADA | Tuesday, 6 February 2007 | Views [847]

A brief history: I returned back to Ontario, Canada from Bangkok, Thailand in October, 2006. I spent four weeks in Bangkok, doing my CELTA course. It was an amazing experience. I have another blog on another site on my Thai adventures (www.josthaiadventures.blogspot.ca)  After the four weeks I took a ten day trip down to Phuket and Krabi, Thailand. It was amazing. I will post some pictures in my photo gallery.

I was starting to get bored being back in Canada. Don't get me wrong, I love Canada. I got to spend an afternoon checking out Winterlude this past weekend. It was nice to see all the ice sculptures, and get to skate on the 7 km long canal. See my pictures in the photo gallery for more pictures. I've spent so much time with my family and friends. It's been grand.

For those of you that know what it's like to travel and experience the adventure, and excitement of discovering new places on a daily basis, then you know why I decided to go back to Asia. I got a better contract then what I had previously when I was in Korea (Sept. 2005 - Sept. 2006). I have so much to do in the next three weeks it's not even funny. I still haven't booked my flight, nor have I got my visa yet. But, the contract is signed, so I have loads to do. I am going through many emotions with leaving Canada again.

For those of you that have went home for a period of time, and then went back overseas, then you probably know what I'm going through. I know what I'll miss here in Canada, but I also feel better prepared the second time around. I know what to expect with the city, because I already spent a year in Seoul. I'm hoping I learned many things my first time round that I can use this time around to my advantage. Especially with saving money, and also, how to get around the city. I also know more people there now that I can visit.

I'm so excited to get to travel more often. I want to visit China, and especially Beijing, and Shanghai. I really want to go to the Great wall of  China. I'd like to go to Taiwan, Japan, and back to Thailand.

Most people I know that live here in Canada, are settled here, and have no desire to "see the world" like I do. I guess I'm not your typical conformist who wants to be like everyone else. Must be a World Nomad!

I'll keep you posted.

Miss T.

Tags: adventures

About miss_traveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.