Existing Member?

Shells Travelling Adventures Snap shot of my life in Canada!

Calgary to Banff for the Slush Cup 2010

CANADA | Saturday, 29 May 2010 | Views [660]

The pool at the end

The pool at the end

So Bex, Leigh and Jax arrive while Rhys and Squirt are still staying although they had to sleep in their van as the girls ot priority. It snowed that night too so would have been super cold out there.

Just went down the road to Hong Kong Garden for a BYO with the girls, had some catch ups at home and then bed. Chilled out with the team the next morning and then went to work and the girls cruised down south, two hours to Leigthridge where Jax was starting work on a farm.

For ages I hadn't seen any train officers asking for tickets so I thought I would not pay until I got caught to try and save some money. So I kept a ticket in my wallet but di'dn't validate it. On Thursday  6th May I got asked for my ticket on the way home from work haha. I just played dumb and said I had never lived in a big city before and I didn't know I had to validate the ticket. They let me off and took me off the train to show me what to do hahaha. So I got about 3 weeks of free trains and saved on teh $150 fine. Now I shall pay the $85 a month which is pretty sweet anyway. I was just being super cheap to save as much coin as I could ha. Stephen will love that.

Next day it was Sannie's bday so had a neat chat with her and havne't talk to her since cos if their shit internet grrrrrrrr!

Saw an ad on Facebook for a Rich Dad Poor Dad seminar on the 12th May. It was free so I wanted to check it out. Marsh and I went and we are now doing a three day course about investment in real estate. The course usually cost $995 each, if you booked on the night you got it or $495 for both of us. Plus they gave us this pack of books, CD's etc worth $600 for free too. Had to tell my work that my brother and sister are coming over for that weekend so I could get it off haha.

Bex got a job on a farm working with horses babout half an hour south of here so she cam to stay sometime in the week of the 10th May.  

Pretty much just work and no play until Marsh's bday on the 20th May. We just went out of to dinner and went to a bar that had a sweet band playing. Was a Thurday so didn't stay real late, so responsibile now ha.

Bex came back on Friday 21st May for the weekend. Just had some drinks and chilled out at home. Worked Saturday and Sunday and then cruised off the Banff.

Left after work on Sunday the 23rd May. Got over there at about 830pm. Just parked the van on the street near town so we could just walk back. Walked into two for some beverages at an Irish pub. Was walked to fin a bar we went to last time we were there and bumped into our cousin Bec and Karl. Had a quick chat and then went to The Gap when they went to a mates place for drinks. Went over to their mates for some drinks too and then went out for a bit. Walked back to the van for sleep.

Woke up to a beautiful day to go up the hill. Talked to Stephen and then got up. WEnt to Macas and bumped in Bec and Karl again, gotta love the small town. Did the mish up to Sunshine Village about 12pm. Went riding all arvo and stopped to watch the Slush Cup (see the vidoe from 2007 on the utube link below). Such a fun day and awesome weather!! Massive line to get down the gondella and traffic jam getting onto the highway but the drive home was saweeeeeet after that.

So now we are back in Calgary, working and no playing for a while again. Got out course pack the other day so reading lots of that stuff ready for the course. And it freakin started snowing again yesterday! It's a real wet snow so it's just annying and cold. Can't believe it's still snowing on the 27th May and it's meant to be summer in June, CRAZY!!

Just got Mum's package, YAY!! Yum treats and my running gears so I can start running again, stoked, thanks mum

Over and out.....until next time

Tags: all work and no play until marshs birthday!!

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.