Existing Member?

Shells Travelling Adventures Snap shot of my life in Canada!

Still Bumming Around in Calgary - getting pretty over this place!

CANADA | Thursday, 1 July 2010 | Views [531]

On the train just after Bex's fell off her chair bahaha

On the train just after Bex's fell off her chair bahaha

So we did our investment course over the weekend of the 4th, 5th and 6th June. It was really long 10 hour days but was so interesting that it wasn't boring. Learnt heaps about what to do and how to make money, using none of your own money which is what we need cos we don't have any money haha. So pretty much going to spend this next year learning as much as we can while we are still travelling and then head back to Perth to start investing. Have been looking into investing in metals too so will start that asap I think.

Been doing yoga every day which is awesome. It's such a good thing to wake up and do in the morning. So good to be all stretched out at the start of the day.

Went out to Bragg Creek to where Bex is working on the 1st June. Went for a nice horse ride around a farm. So green in the country now compared to when we first arrived. Where we drove in it looked like Aussie, flat, dry and brown but where Bex was it more like NZ with green hills, so pretty.

Went to Spruce Meadows (www.sprucemeadows.com) to watch some show jumping on Sat 12th with Lethal, Bex, Jax and Georgie. Was such a nice sunny day and so good to get outside. We had two Kiwis in the top five, so stoked. The Kiwi girl and her Mum actually came into Second Cup last night when I was working (29th June). Had such yummy strawberries for only $1. Got lots of free food tastings too, soooooo gooooood.

Went for a BYO dinner down at the local Asian place with the girls. Had a few bottles of wine and partied in Kiko for a bit. Cruised into town on the train and Bex fell off her set while trying to get Leigh over to our set for a photo bahahahahahahahaha!! Went to a new bar with some girls we meet on the train, was a sweet place til Bex got kicked out. So had to move to next bar. Went to the hi-fi club which was real average. Everything closed at 2am so went back to some peoples place near my place. Had shot of jager out of little egg cups with chicken feet on them, until 5am. Was a bombing night out with the girls!! Suffered the next two days at work however.

The next two weeks pretty much consist of work, yoga, sleep and eating. Had some sweet weather lately too so I have finally stopped weating my thermals everyday but only when summer officially arrived on th 21st. Have some crazy storms on the 22nd and 23rd with tornado warnings but all was well and didn't see any tornados although I did dream of one that came into the city.

Went to a local rodeo in High River which is about 40mins south of Calgary. Got extremely lost on the way there ha. Meet Lethal an Jax there for the Chuckwagon races. They are so fun to watch!! They go so fast, I think the fastest was 60kms. Looking forward to the races at the Stampede cos we can bet on them, fun fun.

So we have also found out that the upstairs people are moving so we need to find a new place. There is nothing in the south which is where Marsh and I both work gggrrrrrrrr! We still have two weeks so I'm sure something will come up but I'm so over looking already ha.

Went for a big walk around the Fish Creek Provincial Park yesterday. It's huge and it goes right through the city. It's nice and green with a river running through. One part I think there's a lake so will have to check that out too but will probably be way too cold for swimming for us, although I now think that 20 degrees is really warm haha.

YAY it's the last day of the tax year in Australia today so will be hooking up our tax returns in the next couples of weeks, stoked as! YEYE!

It's Canada Day tomorrow so we are going to a theme park just out of Calgary and then to the fire works in town, so I shall have pics from that day next time.......

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.